Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't let me subscribe

Says there's an error at the store and can't purchase iTunes Match .

Why is this? I can buy other things.

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 12:47 PM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2021 6:06 AM in response to turingtest2

Tried several times ... always the 8392 error and doesn't install. Asks me several time to login, even after I already have!

I am using an aged iMac (late 2010) with the latest updates that it will take, i.e. High Sierra. So, I got frustrated and tried on a MacBook Air (2019) fully updated with Big Sur (11.2) etc, I got the same error ... 8392 and it kicked me out of the store, or I never got in it, I don't know. Then, by accident, I checked in with my iCloud account and tried again. This time it worked. iTunes Match was accepted and my account charges. For me, it appears to be linked to my "hook" with iCloud. Hopefully it's working as advertised.

Thank you for your response. I'm good for now, I think.

iTunes won't let me subscribe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.