Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAC Mini M1 cannot support two Usb-C displays - Is this not stupid ?

I had a Mac Mini with two LG HDX displays. It was awesome. I upgraded to Mac Mini M1and plugged my two "expensive" displays in and only one worked. Did some searching to find out that an hdmi connection was added to the M1 and I had to use that for the second display. My Apple LG HDX displays only have usb-C inputs. Why the introduction of the hdmi port? This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever? Usb-C to hdmi adapters are a widely available and cheap. They only work in one direction though. It seems I need to get an hdmi to usb-C adapter and these are very rare. When is Apple going to fix this and allow me to use both my Apple LG displays on my Apple MAC Mini without a rare third party adapter?

I really cannot believe this "enhancement" was even contemplated.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 3:07 PM

Apple tells you what the M1 mini can support in the tech specs.

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 8, 2021 11:02 AM in response to MyApple8MyPC

I upgraded my MacBook Pro to the M1without any loss of functionality. Why would I suspect any less from the upgraded Mac Mini. Someone decided that a mini HDMI would be more functional than a USB-C ... and ... the second USB-C that is available will not support a second Apple monitor that has several USB-C outlets on it. I would hope that this "someone" appreciates the disfunctionality of this design decision and at least, provides a software update that will enable the second USB-C outlet to support a second monitor.

MAC Mini M1 cannot support two Usb-C displays - Is this not stupid ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.