Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you connect two LG Ultrafine 4K 24MD4KL-B displays to a Mac mini M1?

Hello. I bought the Mac mini M1 in December along with two LG Ultrafine 4K 24MD4KL-B displays. One display is recognized by the Mac mini M1; the other is not. I have tried daisy-chain the two monitors. I have tried one LG Ultrafine 4K 24MD4KL-B in the Thunderbolt/USB- slot (which is the one that displays), and then one via the HDMI port using a USB-C to 4K HDMI adapter (J5create). The second monitor does not display in either configuration. FYI - the monitor works when I plug in alone, so the monitor is not an issue. I am beginning to think I made a $600+ error purchasing two LG Ultrafine displays for use in the home office. Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 7:53 PM

You can't do that with the 2020 M1 because it only supports one USB-C display.

see "Video Support" at > https://www.apple.com/mac-mini/specs/

The second display needs to be HDMI to HDMI or adapted from the HDMI port to Display Port or DVI. For true matching dual displays, you would be better off with matching HDMI displays. One HDMI to HDMI and the other using a USB-C to HDMI adapter.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2021 7:53 PM in response to jeffharley

You can't do that with the 2020 M1 because it only supports one USB-C display.

see "Video Support" at > https://www.apple.com/mac-mini/specs/

The second display needs to be HDMI to HDMI or adapted from the HDMI port to Display Port or DVI. For true matching dual displays, you would be better off with matching HDMI displays. One HDMI to HDMI and the other using a USB-C to HDMI adapter.

How do you connect two LG Ultrafine 4K 24MD4KL-B displays to a Mac mini M1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.