Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving all my music to new computer

I just bought a new computer and I'm wanting to move all my Itunes music from my old computer to my new one. I have 5,279 songs to move...some I bought and some I uploaded from cd's. I originally thought I would just get a usb drive and copy all the songs on it and then plug it into my new computer and copy them back into Itunes. However, after googling my dilemma, I'm thinking that's not the right way to do it. I keep reading about consolidating my library. I didn't want to do that until I came on here to ask about it because I don't want to lose any of my songs since they came from different sources.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I've read so many articles that I've given myself a headache because I'm so afraid I will do something and lose years and years worth of music.

Thanks!!!!

MJ

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 7:13 AM

Thank you so much!! I plan to sit down and move them all over tomorrow. Fingers crossed it all goes well. Appreciate your guidance.

MJ

3 replies

Moving all my music to new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.