Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CVMServer crashes

I have been having some issues with my new M1 MacMini. I ran EtreCheck and see the following

2021-02-06 02:51:40 CVMServer - Crash (24 times)

Executable: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/CVMServer

Details: 

dyld3 mode

does this mean anything specific, and, if so, what do I do about it?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 6:30 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Mar 19, 2021 6:07 AM in response to daparsons

Same issues here... Not sure if you resolved this or not.

Also have the same M1 MacMini. I ran EtreCheck and got the same error report summary as well.

I have disabled the screen saver on the Mac, it hasn't crashed since doing that, however I am going to keep an eye on it.

Diagnostics Information (past 7-30 days):
    2021-03-19 12:13:01 CVMServer - Crash (13 times)
        Executable: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/CVMServer
        Details:
            dyld3 mode

Apr 14, 2021 11:46 AM in response to heliosphan

I purchased my Mac mini M1 last December. After having experienced both hard and soft crashes (hard being defined as an automatic reboot, in one instance the mini just shut down; soft being defined as CVMServer crash events appearing in the Crash Log), I dumped some software that appeared to be causing the former and they ceased. As to the soft crashes, my first clue should have been from the System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver > Screen Saver setting which displays the following message when attempting to choose a Screen Saver with personal photos: "You cannot use the iLifeSlideshows screen saver with this version of macOS. Please contact the vendor to get a newer version of the screen saver." Note that the text appears in the panel as if the "Message" screen saver was chosen. I would appreciate any information as to how one gets "a newer version of the screen saver." Thanks much.

CVMServer crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.