Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 sold without charger!

As a long-time Apple customer I cannot help but express my disappointment at what I consider to be excessively greedy behaviour from Apple.

I have very recently purchased an iPhone 12: the latest in a series of iPhones that I (and members of my family) have owned over the years.

Having spent around EUR 1000 for the iPhone I was told that if I wished to charge the phone in a wall socket I needed to fork out an additional EUR 25 for a charger!

I find this outrageous especially since previous iPhones came - as a phone should - with all that is necessary to charge them!

Over the past 15 years I have owned innumerable Apple products, including 2 iMacs, several laptops, iPads and iPhones and I have always been happy to pay the elevated price tags as I believe in the quality of Apple product. However, this latest issue smacks of a cheap way of making an extra buck out of loyal customers.

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 6:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 2:23 AM

Apple care for the environment, read here => Environment - Apple

BTW, You can use any USB/USB-C charger you have.

Even some table lamps have wireless (QI) charging integrated. I am using one myself.

I have quite a few chargers not used in my drawer.

5 replies

Feb 7, 2021 2:04 PM in response to ckuan

Thanks for the link!

It’s good that Apple cares for the planet and if not including a charger automatically in the box help than it’s a good thing, but it also looks like a way to make a few extra bucks....

I know you can charge with any other USB charger, but in principle, if you don’t happen to have one (or need the new USB-C to Lightning cable charger) you have to buy it over and above the price for the phone. That kind of sucks.

iPhone 12 sold without charger!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.