Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my previous messages?

Why did I lose my messages on my daughter? We message each other daily and I woke up to message her and our previous messages were not there. Where are my messages and why were they mysteriously deleted?

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 8:50 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Confused5apple!

We understand your messages to your daughter have gone missing. We'd be happy to provide information on why this may have happened.

First, check Settings > Messages and scroll down to where it says keep messages. Is it set to forever? If not, this may be why your messages have been deleted.

If that's not the case, do you have other devices and Messages in iCloud enabled? If you have other devices, go to Settings > ["Your Name"] > iCloud and check if the Messages option is enabled. If it is, it's possible that if someone other than yourself has access to another one of your devices, they may have accidentally deleted the message thread.

Finally, the most common way to have the message thread deleted is to swipe left and deleting the thread that way.

We hope this leads you to an answer.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2021 8:50 AM in response to Confused5apple

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Confused5apple!

We understand your messages to your daughter have gone missing. We'd be happy to provide information on why this may have happened.

First, check Settings > Messages and scroll down to where it says keep messages. Is it set to forever? If not, this may be why your messages have been deleted.

If that's not the case, do you have other devices and Messages in iCloud enabled? If you have other devices, go to Settings > ["Your Name"] > iCloud and check if the Messages option is enabled. If it is, it's possible that if someone other than yourself has access to another one of your devices, they may have accidentally deleted the message thread.

Finally, the most common way to have the message thread deleted is to swipe left and deleting the thread that way.

We hope this leads you to an answer.

Have a great day!

Where are my previous messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.