Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recently Deleted messages missing on iPhone

Hi all, my daughter accidentally deleted a thread from her iMessages last night. As I hand upgraded her iPhone SE 3 to iOS16 I thought this would be easy to recover from the recently deleted option, but to my surprise, there is no recently deleted option in her messages.

I checked on her sisters iPhone SE3 and there is no option on that either. Both iPhones are running iOS 16.0.

Is there some sort of limitation on this feature? Could it because they are iPhone SE3 handsets? Is it because they are child accounts? Is it because they have screen-time managed in our family group? I can’t seem to find any mention of this. The feature works fine on my iPhone 13. Any information would be really helpful.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 11:11 AM

XR219 wrote:

Hi all, my daughter accidentally deleted a thread from her iMessages last night. As I hand upgraded her iPhone SE 3 to iOS16 I thought this would be easy to recover from the recently deleted option, but to my surprise, there is no recently deleted option in her messages.
I checked on her sisters iPhone SE3 and there is no option on that either. Both iPhones are running iOS 16.0.
Is there some sort of limitation on this feature? Could it because they are iPhone SE3 handsets? Is it because they are child accounts? Is it because they have screen-time managed in our family group? I can’t seem to find any mention of this. The feature works fine on my iPhone 13. Any information would be really helpful.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Delete and recover messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2022 11:11 AM in response to XR219

XR219 wrote:

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Delete and recover messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Sep 21, 2022 1:26 PM in response to XR219

XR219 wrote:

Hi @razmee209

I’m afraid this doesn't answer the question. I want to know is there a reason the iOS16 feature which is available on my iPhone 13 is not available on both of my daughters iPhone SE 3 handsets which are also running iOS 16. Thanks for your reply though. 👍

IF you don't see recover text message for those phones, then it isn't compatible with SE. Not all ios 16 feature will work on all phones.

Recently Deleted messages missing on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.