Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to resolve -Data problems reported in First Aid? And How?

A few days ago went from Catalina to Big Sur 11.2. All looked well.

Yesterday decided to check Macintosh HD from admin user with Disk Utility > First Aid. Reported lots of errors and finally froze part way through.

Then ran it from Recovery for -Data Still get many error messages such as "error: Cross Check : Mismatch ...". But the final message is "File system check exit code is 0." And, a cursory check does not show anything amiss.

Nothing indicated in the log within recovery that fixes were made. To check, I ran First Aid again from my user, it did show the same messages but failed as before.

So are these issues innocuous? I did also check the system volume within recovery and it had no errors.

DriveDx shows no issues for the drive with their overall rating of 97%.

Should I let this go or reestablish the data volume from yesterday's backup? Or would a complete erase and rebuild be needed to finally resolve this?

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 9:00 AM

The issue apparently related to some of the early snapshots. I ran First Aid again from recovery this morning. It only checked more recent snapshots and found no errors. Still begs the question of what and when.

All is well that ends well.

Similar questions

1 reply

Need to resolve -Data problems reported in First Aid? And How?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.