Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore ipad pictures without backup

Whiles updating my IPAD, i accidentally went to factory reset and lost all data on the IPAD. I had no back up I can restore it from. Is there a way i can retrieve all these data from my IPAD?

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 3:50 PM

Unless you have an existing iCloud or iTunes backup of your iPad, your locally stored data will have been irretrievably lost when your Factory Reset your iPad.

iOS/iPadOS use an encrypted file system. If the iPad is reset, the iPad destroys the cryptographic keys that allows access to the locally stored data. This is known as a crypto-erase - from which there is no return.

If you use iCloud, some information (e.g, Calendar, Contacts, Reminders etc.) may still be held in iCloud. However, without an iCloud backup, this will at best represent an incomplete dataset.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2021 3:50 PM in response to Queenashoto

Unless you have an existing iCloud or iTunes backup of your iPad, your locally stored data will have been irretrievably lost when your Factory Reset your iPad.

iOS/iPadOS use an encrypted file system. If the iPad is reset, the iPad destroys the cryptographic keys that allows access to the locally stored data. This is known as a crypto-erase - from which there is no return.

If you use iCloud, some information (e.g, Calendar, Contacts, Reminders etc.) may still be held in iCloud. However, without an iCloud backup, this will at best represent an incomplete dataset.

Restore ipad pictures without backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.