Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting emails in Google

I use a gmail email address but use Apple Mail and icloud exclusively for managing my email. Apparently, everything I have archived in Apple Mail is also saved in my google account. The google account is nearly full and I don't want to buy google storage. So, I'd like to delete all the messages within google. If I do that, will it affect the messages in my Apple Mail mailboxes?

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 7:36 PM

Hello GNM77,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you use Apple Mail on your Mac and have a mail account from Google. Your Google storage is getting full and rather than purchasing additional Google storage, you want to delete the email from there, but want to know if it will affect the mail in your Apple Mail mailbox. Google Mail is an IMAP mail account and what you do on one will be reflected on the other. So, deleting email from Google online, it will also be deleted in the Apple Mail account on your computer.

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2021 7:36 PM in response to GNM77

Hello GNM77,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you use Apple Mail on your Mac and have a mail account from Google. Your Google storage is getting full and rather than purchasing additional Google storage, you want to delete the email from there, but want to know if it will affect the mail in your Apple Mail mailbox. Google Mail is an IMAP mail account and what you do on one will be reflected on the other. So, deleting email from Google online, it will also be deleted in the Apple Mail account on your computer.

Best regards.

Deleting emails in Google

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.