Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing music across devices

So I have now found out how to add my music library (CD & LP Uploads) on to my phone. Is it possible to sync all devices to have same library. Or do I have to connect them each to my computer to get the music on them.

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 5:20 PM

Hate-making-user-names,

You would need to have Apple Music or an iTunes Match subscription in order to keep your music libraries in sync across all devices. Without this, you'll need to manually sync your devices with your iTunes library using a computer.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

6 replies

Feb 9, 2021 6:04 AM in response to Hate-making-user-names

Hey Hate-making-user-names,

Sounds like you're needing help getting your music synced across your devices. We can help with that.

In order to accomplish this, if you have iTunes Match or an Apple Music subscription (which includes this service) all you need to do is enable Sync Library under Setting > Music.

This will allow all your devices music libraries to stay in sync. Otherwise, you can still always manually sync your device, if needed.

For more info, check out: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

We hope this information helps out.

Take care!

Feb 9, 2021 9:38 AM in response to Jeff_W.

Hi Jeff - hope you can help me with a similar / related problem.

I have created some of my own music and uploaded this as an MP3 file to the music library on my IMac.

I am an Apple Music subscriber and note that when I attempt to tranfer these MP3s to my iPhone I am prompted with a warning message to turn off cloud music library. So a few dumb questions please...

1. How do I do this?
  2. Will I lose any previously downloaded music?
  3. Assume if CML is turned off I can then transfer these files to my iPhone then if turn CML back on will they remain on my iPhone or be lost?

Many thanks in advance,

Clyde

Feb 9, 2021 3:58 PM in response to Jeff_W.

actually I was asking how to get My music across.

My music - I uploaded - to my computer - from my CD’s and LP’s.

If it is possible, now that I have it on my phone to do a sync across all devices or if I had to do each device individually by a cord to the computer. I’m not talking of bought Apple Music downloads.

I’m expecting the later to be the answer but holding up hope that the former is possible as the chord version will be 45 mins each device.... which I’m trying to avoid, and dreading having to do.

Syncing music across devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.