I tunes music transfer to I Phone

I have a treasured music library on my Dell laptop. All the music is paid for either from Apple or loaded from personal CDs. I have an I phone 8 plus. I can see both libraries on my laptop (see images of each) I can see the music currently on the I phone and the music currently on my I tunes on my computer. How do I get all my music onto my I phone?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2023 12:44 AM

Your first screenshot (of your library) shows cloud icons next to all-but-one of your songs. That means that those (cloud icon) songs are not on your computer, which will be why they're not being added to your Phone. Are you using iTunes Match by any chance?

9 replies

Jul 29, 2023 8:29 AM in response to OOAL

Do you still have your old computer? See Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community if so. See also If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support. There may have been some songs in your previous library that didn't become part of your iCloud Music Library (too long/short/large/small purchased from a different ID, etc.) which might explain why those aren't on your phone or don't show up in the cloud now. You'd have to go back to the original source to resolve those issues.

tt2

Jul 26, 2023 4:47 PM in response to the fiend

My new computer has Windows 11 which I believe with-out my knowledge has sent my music to the cloud. (I don't know if that is Windows cloud or Apple cloud either way it absolutely against my wishes. I want nothing to do with the cloud. I knew exactly where all my files were on my old computer not now.

I do not have iTunes match.

Going forward can I leave my laptop as aside and transfer my music to my phone directly from the cloud. Or do I have to get my music back to my computer before it can be transferred to the phone.

Just for kicks can I add that I have many patents to my name and have designed medical devices but this simple transfer of my music to my phone is well beyond me.

Jul 27, 2023 1:41 AM in response to OOAL

I'm not sure why your music should be shown as in the cloud if you're not using that service, but if you are not using it then you will not be able to download from it. I think you should check and confirm that you're not signed up to the cloud service, even on a trial basis. (You could try clicking on the could icon for one of the songs to see what happens.)

Check to see if your music is still actually somewhere on your computer. It should be in the Music/iTunes/iTunes Media folder (or possibly in Music/iTunes/iTunes Music folder as well), with sub-folders for each artist and each album in a sub-folder of the appropriate artist folder. (Compilation albums are different, they will be in Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Compilations/<album title>/<track title>.)

Let us know what you find.

I tunes music transfer to I Phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.