Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error updating Mac OS

I had to update my MacBook air to Mac Big Sur (previously i had mojave) as I had to back up my iphone and was unable to as my Mac Os was too ‘old’. While trying to update an error has occurred, I have already restarted my mac a lot of times and whenever i restart it it automatically goes to the update mode and the error message pops up again. I am unable to access my mac or any files in it at all as it automatically goes to the update page whenever i restart it and there is always an error when its updating.

i am a student and i it is very important for me to access my mac and its files but i am unable to do so. What should i do?

i have attached a photo of the error measage

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 1:33 PM

Try shutting down via Power Button. Disconnect any external drives. Re-start and right away hold - Shift. This is Safe Mode which will attempt a Repair Disk, Clear cache file and only load required Apple Software . . so the loading will be slow - Normal. This may give the software update time to perform the upgrade. If successful. Big Sur will load the Log in Screen.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2021 1:33 PM in response to Rickyparyani

Try shutting down via Power Button. Disconnect any external drives. Re-start and right away hold - Shift. This is Safe Mode which will attempt a Repair Disk, Clear cache file and only load required Apple Software . . so the loading will be slow - Normal. This may give the software update time to perform the upgrade. If successful. Big Sur will load the Log in Screen.

Error updating Mac OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.