Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer data from an old Power Mac to a new Power Mac if I only have one monitor?

The only method I can find for transferring data from an old mac to a new mac is through Migration Assistant. Reasonably simple if you have a keyboard, mouse, and monitor for both macs. I have only one monitor. How can I transfer data from my old mac to my new mac if I only have one monitor?

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 5:15 PM

1) Manually transfer files or migrate while in Target Disk Mode.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/transfer-files-computers-target-disk-mode

2) Pull the Hard Drive out of the old Mac and put it into the other Mac.

then manually transfer or migrate from the old drive to the other one

2 replies

Feb 7, 2021 7:09 AM in response to Klytle

Connect the display to the old computer, and get the old one ready to send its files.

Disconnect the display.

These cables are very low voltage and are expected to be plugged/unplugged "live".

If you need to reconnect to the old computer for some reason, you are free to do so, then switch back.

Connect the display to the new computer.

use the methods den.thed suggested to start the transfer.

How can I transfer data from an old Power Mac to a new Power Mac if I only have one monitor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.