Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fake AirPod pros

I have recently bought AirPod Pro’s on eBay. The serial number is legit since Apple confirmed it on their website. However, the serial number on the two AirPods are identical and I have heard they are supposed to be different. Does this mean my AirPods are fake? They seem legit since I can see the firmware and hardware version and ANC works so I am confused if they are real or not.

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 8:25 PM

Find the serial number of your AirPods - Apple Support

With AirPods (2nd generation) and AirPods Pro, each AirPod also has its own serial number, printed on the AirPod itself. If you need to send your AirPods or charging case in for service, refer to the primary serial number, printed on the case lid. You don't need the serial numbers on the AirPods.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2021 8:25 PM in response to ellasylvi

Find the serial number of your AirPods - Apple Support

With AirPods (2nd generation) and AirPods Pro, each AirPod also has its own serial number, printed on the AirPod itself. If you need to send your AirPods or charging case in for service, refer to the primary serial number, printed on the case lid. You don't need the serial numbers on the AirPods.

Fake AirPod pros

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.