Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no other devices available right now

I tried intercom from my homepod to other devices and the response from siri is “no other devices available right now. I can send intercom from the Iphone to the homepod but not from the homepod to any other devices. I use the same appleID all my devices. Can you only send intercom between different apple IDs?

thanks

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 10:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 10:44 PM

You can send to the same ID

Review the settings: Use HomePod as an intercom - Apple Support

Make sure to update your HomePod or HomePod mini speakers to the latest software. Then check that every device that you want to send and receive Intercom messages from—your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch—is up to date. After you update, Intercom will be turned on automatically. 

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2021 10:44 PM in response to Tomzing123

You can send to the same ID

Review the settings: Use HomePod as an intercom - Apple Support

Make sure to update your HomePod or HomePod mini speakers to the latest software. Then check that every device that you want to send and receive Intercom messages from—your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch—is up to date. After you update, Intercom will be turned on automatically. 

Feb 21, 2021 12:34 PM in response to turingtest2

Actually I’ve gotten it to work but only like < 25% of the time... it’s honestly pretty infuriating. Every now and then, I’m able to hold the top, say Intercom, wait for the noise, speak, and then it pops up on my iPhone! It works! It just should much, much, MUCH better

I hope they fix this later. I feel like if even if you only have an iPhone and a HomePod it should work like regular TWO-WAY intercom. I have literally ZERO problems sending an intercom message from the phone to the HPM.

hope this gets resolved soon

no other devices available right now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.