Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini intercom won’t speak to iPad or iphone

My iPad and iPhone are on the same Wi-Fi network in my home. I can send an intercom message to both HomePod mini’s but am unable to reply back to the iPad or iPhone and not sure why. I have the latest iOS in both my mobile devices and I believe the HomePods are up to date. The ability to intercom between/amongst the HomePods and iPhone/iPad were the primary reason for purchasing them.

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 10:16 PM

To use Intercom, update your HomePod mini or HomePod speakers to the latest software. Then check that every device that you want to send and receive Intercom messages from—your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch—is up to date. After you update, Intercom will be turned on automatically. 

See: Use HomePod mini or HomePod as an intercom for set up instructions.Intercom notifications need to be turned on. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2023 10:16 PM in response to Ssschubert

To use Intercom, update your HomePod mini or HomePod speakers to the latest software. Then check that every device that you want to send and receive Intercom messages from—your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch—is up to date. After you update, Intercom will be turned on automatically. 

See: Use HomePod mini or HomePod as an intercom for set up instructions.Intercom notifications need to be turned on. 

HomePod mini intercom won’t speak to iPad or iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.