Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

homepod mini intercom

Hi!

I just tested intercom between my devices. It works fine from mini homepod to mini homepod, but when sending an intercom message from another device (iPhone) to a homepod only half of the spoken message is aired.

Anyone know why that is?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 12:00 AM

Great to hear it is working now.

With it coming and going like this, if I had to guess the likely culprit i’d guess it was wireless interference (just a guess). If it happens again, try the other side of the house/change potential interference.

The reality of complex electronics with its underlying hardware-firmware-OS-RAM filled with ever changing data-radios frequent Tx/Rx, a device can get into an odd state. Sometimes a reboot resolves it but occasionally it does get resolved by the ghost in the machine.

If you believe the issue is resolved, it’s up to you if you’d like to mark it solved.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 12:00 AM in response to Community User

Great to hear it is working now.

With it coming and going like this, if I had to guess the likely culprit i’d guess it was wireless interference (just a guess). If it happens again, try the other side of the house/change potential interference.

The reality of complex electronics with its underlying hardware-firmware-OS-RAM filled with ever changing data-radios frequent Tx/Rx, a device can get into an odd state. Sometimes a reboot resolves it but occasionally it does get resolved by the ghost in the machine.

If you believe the issue is resolved, it’s up to you if you’d like to mark it solved.

Feb 16, 2022 5:47 PM in response to Community User

Hi mayBritt, have you tried the basic troubleshooting first.

-Is all of your Apple devices on the latest OS versions?

-Reboot the HomePod

-Just curious, how do you know only half the message is coming through? Do you have a second person you can test with, be far enough away from the HomePod, and from your iPhone perform a 1 to 5 count on the intercom.

• Did the other person hear it?
  • Is it just the beginning that is clipped?
  • What if you try the same test by going to a different room? (see if there is wireless interference in one part of the house).
  • Are you using Siri or the Home App?

Feb 16, 2022 11:14 PM in response to Tim_4_All

Hi - and thanks for your quick response!

As with all tech: Suddenly no problems today :D I just tested, and now everything is as it should be.

When I tested yesterday, all devices were updated to latest OS versions, and I was alone. I am close enough to both minipods to hear the intercom. When sending an intercom from iPhone (via SIri) the end was clipped every time. When sending an intercom from minipod to minipod no problems at all.

So I reckon it was just a temporary glitch ? Should I markk this thread as solved?

homepod mini intercom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.