Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Note disappeared while using Handoff

I edited one of my iCloud notes on my iPhone X, and then I clicked on the notes Handoff icon on my Macbook Pro. When I clicked on it, the note I was editing was gone! There's no notes in my recently deleted folder (it doesn't even show up). I checked my notes on iCloud.com, and it's gone from there too.

It was a really important note. How is it possible that it would just disappear that? I just enabled Handoff recently, and I definitely won't be using it again.

MacBook

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 2:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 9:50 AM

Hi,

I was having the same problem and none of the solutions from the article above fixed the issue, so I called Apple Support from your recommendation and they were able to recover my missing note! Thank you!!

They also said that if this happens again (and I have ICloud set to store my notes), then I can go to icloud.com and log into my account, then go to account settings > Restore Files and if the missing note is there I can follow the steps to restore the note. If the missing note isn't there, then they said to call Apple Support and they can help recover it on their end.

Hope that can help someone in the future with this issue!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2021 9:50 AM in response to Kadzzzy

Hi,

I was having the same problem and none of the solutions from the article above fixed the issue, so I called Apple Support from your recommendation and they were able to recover my missing note! Thank you!!

They also said that if this happens again (and I have ICloud set to store my notes), then I can go to icloud.com and log into my account, then go to account settings > Restore Files and if the missing note is there I can follow the steps to restore the note. If the missing note isn't there, then they said to call Apple Support and they can help recover it on their end.

Hope that can help someone in the future with this issue!

Note disappeared while using Handoff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.