Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updates in App Store not possible for days now?

For now about 4 days I can't update my purchased apps. There are 3 updates available but as soon I'm trying click the "UPDATE" button a message pops up "The iTunes Store is unable to process purchases at this time. Please try again later and right after that another pop up "We could not complete your request. There was an error in the App Store. Please try again later." Same problem on my other iMac running 10.11.6 El Capitan. I've checked my App Store account settings and everything looks normal. Any advice about this is very much appreciated! Thanks!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 10:02 AM

Hi I found a workaround without deleting/removing the apps. Just move the app(s) to the trash and reload the App Store and go to your purchased apps and install it. If the version you installed isn't compatible with your system it will offer you the version that works. A little more complicated to update from the App Store but a least you have a "backup" in the trash can in case you can't run it on your system. :-)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 10:02 AM in response to Tevseric

Hi I found a workaround without deleting/removing the apps. Just move the app(s) to the trash and reload the App Store and go to your purchased apps and install it. If the version you installed isn't compatible with your system it will offer you the version that works. A little more complicated to update from the App Store but a least you have a "backup" in the trash can in case you can't run it on your system. :-)

Feb 8, 2021 7:33 AM in response to mrbean

Hi mrbean,

I have the same problem and I'm in touch with Apple support: they are kindly investigating about this issue, but the only workaround for now it's to uninstall the apps and install them again after restarting the device.

If the issue is on a iOS device like an iPhone or iPad, I recommend iMazing: it's worth every dollar you pay because you can manage everything on your device (apps, updates, pictures, music, backups, ...) and supports old devices.

Feb 8, 2021 9:19 AM in response to mrbean

Exactly, if it's compatible with the device: it worked on my iMac and on my iPad, but beware of the data and settings of the apps... make a backup!

I hope that Apple will fix this issues that for me looks like a problem with the links to the updates for older versions of the App Store, but I'm not very optimistic...

Updates in App Store not possible for days now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.