Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on my Mac

I opened up my photos app on my Mac and immediately pops up is a box that says "The Photos App needs to quit. Photos must quit because the photo library is being moved, is unavailable or its data is corrupt."

I'm not sure why it's doing that, I haven't opened photos on my mac for about a week and then that shows up. I'm not sure what to do, how to find my photos, or if I can even get them back.

My mac is on macOS Catalina right now and running version 10.15.5.

My storage on my mac is also very very limited and maybe it has something to do with that? Any help would be welcome.

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 2:57 PM

If you hold down the alt key before you click on the photo app you will be able to select/browse the library to open.

However, it might just be easier to navigate to your library (its normally in the Pictures folder unless you have moved it) and double click on the library. Photos will remember the last library you opened, so provided this works OK, next time you can go back to double clicking on the app icon.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2021 2:57 PM in response to calico_lg

If you hold down the alt key before you click on the photo app you will be able to select/browse the library to open.

However, it might just be easier to navigate to your library (its normally in the Pictures folder unless you have moved it) and double click on the library. Photos will remember the last library you opened, so provided this works OK, next time you can go back to double clicking on the app icon.

Photos on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.