Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Complications disappeared from Watch app on iPhone

Watch app doesn't show "complications" on "my watch" on iPhone.

The problem appeared after the update 14.4.

It shows "notification", "app view," and "dock", then "General".

In Faces it also doesn't show complications as "activity" nor "blood oxygen", even apple complications are not showing up.

I restart the phone and watch, but nothing changed. I reset the iPhone and even that didn't fix the problem.

iPhone has IOS 14.4 and watch has WatchOS 7.3.

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 7:18 PM

The Watch app on the phone is screwed up after the last update. I was able to restore my watch face and all complications using the watch screen only. Start with a Long Press in the center of the screen. When it pops up, tap EDIT. You’ll be in the Color edit mode. Tap the Complications tab at the top next to color. From there tap the face location where you want a complication. Then scroll through the complications list and tap the one you want. Move to the next spot and repeat. If for some reason it stops working, long press the screen to re-enter edit mode.

27 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2021 7:18 PM in response to TRK_23

The Watch app on the phone is screwed up after the last update. I was able to restore my watch face and all complications using the watch screen only. Start with a Long Press in the center of the screen. When it pops up, tap EDIT. You’ll be in the Color edit mode. Tap the Complications tab at the top next to color. From there tap the face location where you want a complication. Then scroll through the complications list and tap the one you want. Move to the next spot and repeat. If for some reason it stops working, long press the screen to re-enter edit mode.

Feb 9, 2021 2:37 PM in response to TRK_23

Thank you for reaching out TRK_23,

We'd like to see how we can help with your Apple Watch app and that missing information.

We'd like to confirm that your Apple Watch is showing the missing Complications and Faces correctly and that the iPhone is the only device experiencing this behavior.

If so, we'd like to make sure that the Apple Watch is correctly paired with the iPhone. Use the following link to confirm that:

Set up and pair your Apple Watch with iPhone

Also, check out this article if you're noticing pairing issues:

If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone

After reviewing those articles, keep us posted with your findings.

Cheers.

May 14, 2021 10:57 AM in response to TRK_23

Same issue. To be clear:

1. Watch itself can add complications on it's own screen
  2. iPhone watch app in "My Faces" doesn't show existing Complications on any face
  3. All my chosen Complications are listed in the iPhone app in the "INSTALLED ON APPLE WATCH".
  4. When I add a new face and copy it to the watch none of the complications show on the iPhone sample, but they appear on the watch.
  5. In edit mode on the iPhone for any given face, all locations list complications as "Off". If I try to add one, all I get are very basic ones. If I add one of them, it replaces what is on the watch. Also, shows up on the watch face and the listing in "My Faces".

What do we do about this??

Feb 9, 2021 7:20 PM in response to judysings

Yes, the problem is only on the Apple Watch app, on the watch itself all complications show up normally on faces. iPhone and watch are paired as I still receive messages and notifications on the watch, only on the watch app on the phone that I cannot edit complication and a few apps as blood oxygen won’t show up...

Feb 10, 2021 3:50 PM in response to TRK_23

Thanks for following up with us TRK_23,

We'd like to continue troubleshooting this issue with you. We can understand the concern when your Complications and Faces aren't syncing between your iPhone and Apple Watch.

We'd like to have you offload the Apple Watch app, which will remove the app itself, but save your app data on the iPhone.

To do this go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Apple Watch app > Offload App. After the app has been removed from the iPhone, we'd like to have you redownload this app from the App Store. After the app has been reinstalled, we'd like to have you check to see if you still notice the same behavior.

We look forward to your findings.

Cheers.

May 8, 2021 9:43 AM in response to TRK_23

I am having the same issue. To be clear, this isn’t about syncing complications from the phone to the app, it is that the Activity and many other complications just aren’t options on the phone Face Gallery anymore! And I just updated my phone. I have some options (Workout, BreAthe) but not Outlook, not Activity, not heart rate, no Apple complications…).

again, this isn’t about syncing, it is about the options offered at all on the phone.

May 12, 2021 5:16 PM in response to changelives

I am having the same issue with a brand new Apple Watch 6. Got it today, paired it with my phone and restored it from a backup of my Series 2 watch. All was good until I updated the Watch software to 7.4.1, at which point the iPhone Watch app stopped showing almost all complications (what a strange name) for face customizations. They still show on the watch the way I had them customized before but if I want to make changes it’s not possible. Also, the faces in the Watch app are often blank in the spots for complications. Something is not right.

Jul 31, 2021 6:42 AM in response to TRK_23

You should update your iPhone to the latest iOS 14.7.1

An your Watch to the latest watchOS 7.6.1.

It shows "notification", "app view," and "dock", then "General".

In Faces it also doesn't show complications as "activity" nor "blood oxygen", even apple complications are not showing up.

Complications will only show if you select a Face that have complications.

Watch app > My Watch > select from MY FACES that you have.

Complications disappeared from Watch app on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.