Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes does not recognize my library other than purchases?

System setup PC C: drive NVME 500GB, other internal drives with all documents on it including Music folder.

I had to upgrade the C: drive, it ran out of room. I tried to clone the drive and that did not go well. I reinstalled the C: drive. Reinstalled Itunes. Itunes recognizes my purchases but nothing else. The music is on the G: drive I have redirected itunes to the music folder but it will not add any of my old music. The purchases and the old music are under the same account. I do not want to reimport 100s of CDs How do I fix this?

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 7:29 AM

Changing the media folder doesn't change which library file is opened, and iTunes doesn't scan the selected folder to list what it contains. Press and hold down shift as you launch iTunes and keep holding until you are asked to choose or create a library, then browse to and open the iTunes Library.itl file that hosts your library. Hopefully that is captured in your backups somewhere. If not see Make a split library portable - Apple Community and Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community.

tt2

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2021 7:29 AM in response to stomaiko

Changing the media folder doesn't change which library file is opened, and iTunes doesn't scan the selected folder to list what it contains. Press and hold down shift as you launch iTunes and keep holding until you are asked to choose or create a library, then browse to and open the iTunes Library.itl file that hosts your library. Hopefully that is captured in your backups somewhere. If not see Make a split library portable - Apple Community and Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community.

tt2

Itunes does not recognize my library other than purchases?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.