Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps setup

Background: My wife and I are in our mid 70s and are big Apple fans, we both have iPhone 11s running iOS 14.4. We just bought a new Toyota Avalon so we are trying to get up to speed with Apple Maps. Our old car had no electronics so we relied on a GPS. We have used Maps very little on our phones.

We have run into a stumbling block, and tried for hours to figure it out. On my phone when I go to (settings,Maps), (Show Parked Location) is the next to the last entry and is toggled on. When we do the same thing on the wife's phone (Show Parked Location) does not show. Our other Settings match, so why this one option is not available on her phone is a true mystery.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Billed

P.S. I hope this question isn't showing several times, but when I go to "My subscriptions" it doesn't show and when click submit a bright pink bar shows across the top fo the page with "Please choose a Topic." in it, however I'm unable to type anything in it.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 6:29 PM

So to be on the same page.

• Is the settings option Show Parked Location available?
  • Or it is not there at all (not listed)?
  • Or It is available but cannot be switched ON?

Did you try => Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Note: No data will be erased with this procedure.

Similar questions

8 replies

Feb 7, 2021 3:25 PM in response to Billed

Make sure Location Services are ON and enabled in Settings,

Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Maps >

select "While Using the App or Widgets"

and Precise Location is ON

Find your parked car using Maps on iPhone

In the Maps app , you can get directions to your car. When you disconnect iPhone from your car’s Bluetooth or CarPlay system and exit your vehicle, Maps drops a parked car marker so you can easily find the way back to your car.

Feb 8, 2021 8:19 AM in response to ckuan

ckuan odd story

Tried Force restart numerous times on both phones with almost no success, tried from initial screen, Home Screen and apps on both phones. It may have worked once or twice. Restarted both phones by holding a volume and the side button for a couple of seconds and getting the screen with "slide to power off". We did this several times trying to learn Forced restart. After all that I went to settings>maps on her phone to show her we had accomplished nothing. WRONG there's "Show Parked Location" just like it is supposed be!

It was an effort, but you got us there---Thanks

I'm off to mark This solved my question.

Grateful Billed

Apple Maps setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.