Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone map apps quit working in one car

We just bought a new vehicle. Both my husband's and my iphone map apps go completely haywire when we are driving in it. They work fine in both of our other vehicles, one of which has Car Play and the other does not.

Both phones and all map apps also work fine when we get into the new vehicle with the map apps on -- but the vehicle turned off. As soon as we turn on the new vehicle, which came with Car Play installed, all of the the maps instantly reorient and tell us that we're miles away from our actual location. That happens both with the iphone that is connected through Car Play when the car is started, and the iphone that is NOT connected through Car Play at that moment. When driving, map apps will tell us to turn left on Road X, when we're driving down a freeway, or they will suddenly tell us we're in a an entirely different state.

Something in the new vehicle or with its version of Car Play clearly is interfering with the GPS systems on our iphones, whether or not they are connected. But we basically lose all GPS functions through our phones.

I've read of other people having similar problems. Does anyone have any suggestions?

iPhone SE

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 1:06 PM

Have you reached out to the vehicle manufacturer and see what they have to say? To my understanding, from reading past map issues, many vehicles provide the GPS information from the vehicle to the map and that caused some issues. Did you try removing the vehicle from CarPlay settings on the phone and trying to set it up again? Have you tried the steps located in this support document? If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2022 1:06 PM in response to CAHTEQ1979

Have you reached out to the vehicle manufacturer and see what they have to say? To my understanding, from reading past map issues, many vehicles provide the GPS information from the vehicle to the map and that caused some issues. Did you try removing the vehicle from CarPlay settings on the phone and trying to set it up again? Have you tried the steps located in this support document? If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

Iphone map apps quit working in one car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.