Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari won't open Google maps

Using iOS 14.3 on my iPad Air 2.  If I search for a destination with Safari, and then I tap on a map that shows up, the google map crashes, reloads and crashes again. Then I get the message: "A repeated error has occurred." The same thing happens if I use Safari to go to google.com and then click on the map icon. This started happening after updating to OS 14.3.

I have no other apps open when on Safari, and I just cleared all my storage and history. 

I have posted this problem on the Google community support site. Lots of other people are having this problem since updating to any version of iOS 14.  The consistent reply from the Google experts is that "this is most likely a safari / ipad os 14.x issue."

Is Apple addressing this problem?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 4:45 PM

2 replies

Feb 10, 2021 11:40 AM in response to rudyav

I thought this problem was solved, but it is not. This last time, when I clicked on the map that shows up after I've searched for a destination in Safari, I was actually bumped out of Safari and my iPad opened the Google maps app that I'd installed. Because I'm no longer in Safari, I no longer have the tabs available that I had opened in Safari. There is a little arrow in the top left of the screen that allows me to go back to Safari, but I no longer have the convenience of being in just the one program.

I deleted the Google maps app to see what would happen, and the problem I described above occurs. My husband doesn't have this problem on his 7th Gen iPad even though he's also using iOS 14.3, so I think it may be a problem unique to the iPad Air 2.

Safari won't open Google maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.