Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ugly Popup in Safari - cannot get rid of

I keep getting following every time I open Safari and then I keep clicking on Don't Allow and it will not disappear. It just keeps popping up until I have had enough and close down Safari and work off Microsoft Edge and Firefox. Can someone please help?

“1852951480910191248” wants access to control “Safari”. Allowing control will provide access to documents and data in “Safari”, and to perform actions within that app.

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 3:50 PM

Hello Jaykaitylcorcar,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand a pop up message continues to reappear in Safari, when selecting "Don't Allow." We'll be happy to help.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, we recommend to clear the browsing history in Safari. This a step that may help resolve the issue you're experiencing: Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac

If that doesn't help, we suggest to restart your Mac in safe mode. This helps to perform a basic check of your startup disk, deletes some system caches and more. Here's an article with more information and the proper steps to take: How to use safe mode on your Mac Once you're in safe mode, please restart your Mac as normal and see if you continue to experience the same behavior

Please keep us posted with the results.

Kind regards.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 3:50 PM in response to Jaykaitylcorcar

Hello Jaykaitylcorcar,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand a pop up message continues to reappear in Safari, when selecting "Don't Allow." We'll be happy to help.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, we recommend to clear the browsing history in Safari. This a step that may help resolve the issue you're experiencing: Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac

If that doesn't help, we suggest to restart your Mac in safe mode. This helps to perform a basic check of your startup disk, deletes some system caches and more. Here's an article with more information and the proper steps to take: How to use safe mode on your Mac Once you're in safe mode, please restart your Mac as normal and see if you continue to experience the same behavior

Please keep us posted with the results.

Kind regards.

Ugly Popup in Safari - cannot get rid of

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.