Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

since last update my ipad aps are opening up side ways

since the last apple update a couple days ago, Feb2021, my aps are opening up sideways! Help

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 7:36 AM

To enable or disable Screen Rotation, you need to access the Control Centre. Swipe downwards from the top-right corner of the screen - then tap the Screen Rotation lock icon:

If screen rotation proves to be problem with some Apps - and not others - you need to be aware that not all Apps are coded to operate in both Portrait and Landscape screen modes. Apps that have a fixed screen orientation will always appear in the orientation determined by the App Developer.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2021 7:36 AM in response to Zorro2009

To enable or disable Screen Rotation, you need to access the Control Centre. Swipe downwards from the top-right corner of the screen - then tap the Screen Rotation lock icon:

If screen rotation proves to be problem with some Apps - and not others - you need to be aware that not all Apps are coded to operate in both Portrait and Landscape screen modes. Apps that have a fixed screen orientation will always appear in the orientation determined by the App Developer.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful.

since last update my ipad aps are opening up side ways

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.