Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dreaded Apple logo restart loop

My iphone just randomly went into the Apple logo restart loop today for seemingly no reason in particular. No new software installed, no updates - I was just listening to spotify app and it restarted and went into the loop.

After several painful hours on the web, trying different things such as hard reboot etc I am still no further towards fixing my issue. I did manage to get it into recovery mode but I cant seem to do anything with that now.

Apparently since Big Sur there is no more iTunes and only the music app. There are plenty of fix your iphone for $70+ fee apps out there but Im feeling pretty pi**ed off that there does not seem to be any Apple software that would help you restore the firmware or something like that.

Is there any way of restoring the firmware on this expensive junk without having to buy some third-party app to fix it?

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 11:15 AM

Please follow the steps in the following link for support with this issue: If your iOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly

Similar questions

10 replies

Feb 8, 2021 2:18 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for posting but the video didn't help me unfortunately.

I can get my phone into recovery mode when it is connected to wall socket but when I then try and connect it to my mac the screen goes black in-between swapping cables and I cant get the mac to recognise the phone, nor can I put it into recovery mode whilst connected to mac.

I can get the phone into DFU mode whilst connected to my mac, I then follow the restore instructions but whilst attempting to apply the firmware I get a 4005 unexpected error. I have tried twice on 3 separate macs - 1 with BigSur, 1 with Catalina and 1 with Yosemite - same error each time.

Forced restart does not work either. The only time I can see any sign of life from the phone is when it is connected to the power socket in the wall and it just goes around in the Apple logo loop.

Dreaded Apple logo restart loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.