Related Article: About AirPrint

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing from my iPhone 8 has always done but now it says it’s not an air printer when I go to the printers that it will provide it’s right there the number everything but it still won’t print

Why will my Canon PIXMAMG 3520 Printer all of a sudden quit printing from my iPhone 8 plus? It says it is not an air printer but it is I am on the verge of throwing the phone and the printer out the door can anyone help me?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 9:29 AM

Hi,

A Canon MG3520 is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a printer supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. So, yes, this means that it should be possible to use your model as an AirPrint printer with an iPhone (when both are connected to the same Wi-Fi network (router).

Canon UK has a guide (with somewhat different PIXMA models) that may be of interest to you:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/

Try the following: Power off the router, the printer, the iPhone, and all other devices and computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait another two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone, and all other devices and computers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 9:29 AM in response to Kleo_kilz

Hi,

A Canon MG3520 is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a printer supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. So, yes, this means that it should be possible to use your model as an AirPrint printer with an iPhone (when both are connected to the same Wi-Fi network (router).

Canon UK has a guide (with somewhat different PIXMA models) that may be of interest to you:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/

Try the following: Power off the router, the printer, the iPhone, and all other devices and computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait another two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone, and all other devices and computers.

Printing from my iPhone 8 has always done but now it says it’s not an air printer when I go to the printers that it will provide it’s right there the number everything but it still won’t print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.