Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB SuperDrive & MP3 disc

I have a Macbook Pro and routintely use USB SuperDrive to "upload" audiobooks from library CD's. I received an audiobook today on MP3 and inserted it into the SuperDrive but nothing showed up in Music as it usually does. Nor in Finder or on the desktop. AND, I have no way of ejecting it.

Any ideas? In the past (i-tunes era) I was able to upload or copy (not sure the correct language) MP3 audio books.

Any guidance out there? Thank you in advance for your help.

Dori

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 7:17 AM

Neither iTunes nor Music import MP3 CDs directly. Their contents should be visible in Finder. Typically you would copy and paste to local storage, then remove read-only flags if needed before adding to your library. See also Organizing audiobook chapters - Apple Community. The Books app in Big Sur is not able to edit metadata so this should be done in Music first.

I don't know why the disc isn't showing. Try rebooting the Mac.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 7:17 AM in response to dori213

Neither iTunes nor Music import MP3 CDs directly. Their contents should be visible in Finder. Typically you would copy and paste to local storage, then remove read-only flags if needed before adding to your library. See also Organizing audiobook chapters - Apple Community. The Books app in Big Sur is not able to edit metadata so this should be done in Music first.

I don't know why the disc isn't showing. Try rebooting the Mac.

tt2

Feb 9, 2021 8:58 AM in response to turingtest2

Hello tt2,

Thank you for responding. In retrospect, the previous audiobook was probably MP4 so there was no problem. In the future I will be more attentive. For now, the mp3 disc remains in the SuperDrive and doesn't show up in Finder or on the desktop. Rebooting and disconnecting the SuperDrive have no impact. Trevor Noah is still stuck in the drive!

I have requested a consultation from my library. I am hoping that I am not the only uninformed customer who has made this mistake, despite acknowledging that I am a bit of a tech dinosaur at 69 years old...but open to learning!

USB SuperDrive & MP3 disc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.