Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save image directly to an album in iPhoto

Download photos/images directly to an album in Photos/iPhotos? I.e. if I see a pic or image on Facebook or on a website I would like it to go directly to an album in Photos on one of my devices (Big Sur MacAir, iPhone 11, iPad) instead of going to recents etc, then having to put in an album. Thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 6:14 AM

The user Guide for Photos for Mac is here: Photos User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Click the blue link "table of Contents" to see the different topics.

When you drag folders with image files from the Finder into the sidebar in Photos, Photos will automatically create an album named like the folder.

Also, when you drag some photos from the Finder directly onto an album in the sidebar, the photos will be added to that album. But all photos you import will also appear in Recents, independent of having been added to an album.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 6:14 AM in response to sarafromsioux falls

The user Guide for Photos for Mac is here: Photos User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Click the blue link "table of Contents" to see the different topics.

When you drag folders with image files from the Finder into the sidebar in Photos, Photos will automatically create an album named like the folder.

Also, when you drag some photos from the Finder directly onto an album in the sidebar, the photos will be added to that album. But all photos you import will also appear in Recents, independent of having been added to an album.

Feb 9, 2021 5:37 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks! Long story short, hadn’t used my iMac for anything but doing Turbo Tax for years. Discovered the os was obsolete and not upgradeable. To retain use of 11 years of tax info got a used MacAir that was upgraded to BigSur. I have not really explored it’s photo app yet so I appreciate that mention. I have mainly been on iPhone and iPad. I am realizing that the laptop is a different animal to me now and have to relearn getting around in it. I do have my photos on the Cloud too. Let me ask, pics taken on the phone or saved onto phone or iPad should seamlessly show up on the laptop too, yes? I am trying to use the laptop more since portable. Guess I need to get into the user manual for it.

Save image directly to an album in iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.