Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages, using two different OS versions.

If I save a Pages file, in Big Sur, will I be able to open it with Pages, under Catalina? My iMac cannot be upgraded to Big Sur, so I'm wondering if I'm better off keeping Catalina on my MacBook Air, rather than upgrading to Big Sur (my iMac is from 2012, and my MacBook Air is from 2017).

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 4:56 AM

The current version of Pages (v10.3.9) is installable on Big Sur and Catalina, so your document interchange capability should not be an issue. I upgraded a 2014 MacBook Air from Catalina to Big Sur (now 11.2) and neither had an issue with that upgrade nor regretted it since. If Catalina is working fine for you on your 2017 Air, you do not have to upgrade to Big Sur at this time.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 4:56 AM in response to RCKopp

The current version of Pages (v10.3.9) is installable on Big Sur and Catalina, so your document interchange capability should not be an issue. I upgraded a 2014 MacBook Air from Catalina to Big Sur (now 11.2) and neither had an issue with that upgrade nor regretted it since. If Catalina is working fine for you on your 2017 Air, you do not have to upgrade to Big Sur at this time.

Pages, using two different OS versions.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.