Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstall Pages on MacOS Catalina

Hello,

I am running MacOS 10.15.7 Catalina on an iMac 21.5” Late 2013.

Pages was accidentally deleted and the trash emptied from my iMac :(

I am trying to reinstall it, so I launched the App Store and searched for Pages and found it. There is a little “cloud with a down arrow”.

I clicked on it but got an error message that says that Pages cannot be installed on my computer because I must have MacOS 11 (Big Sur) installed.

But I cannot install Big Sur because it’s not compatible with my iMac.

Therefore I am looking to install a previous version of Pages, that is compatible with my version of MacOS.

How can I do that?? Where can I find the proper link to the correct version? I thought App Store was proposing the correct version by default?

Any help will be appreciated

thanks much in advance

Eric

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2021 2:42 AM

First, if you have a Time Machine backup prior to the deletion of Pages, then restore it using the /Applications/Time Machine application.

Secondly, launch the Mac App Store and sign in with the same Apple ID that you used to previously install Pages. Then, press cmd+0 (zero) to open the previous purchases window. If Pages has an update button, click it, and expect it to warn you that you need Big Sur for Pages v11.2. At this point, it may then offer to reinstall Pages v11.1 or stop at the first dialog about Pages v11.2.

If the first two paragraphs do not solve the reinstallation of Pages v11.1, then you are done, because Apple does not provide a user download of past full Pages installers. All you can do now is use Pages for iCloud, Pages for iOS/iPadOS, or Pages on another Mac.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2021 2:42 AM in response to Eric Suberville

First, if you have a Time Machine backup prior to the deletion of Pages, then restore it using the /Applications/Time Machine application.

Secondly, launch the Mac App Store and sign in with the same Apple ID that you used to previously install Pages. Then, press cmd+0 (zero) to open the previous purchases window. If Pages has an update button, click it, and expect it to warn you that you need Big Sur for Pages v11.2. At this point, it may then offer to reinstall Pages v11.1 or stop at the first dialog about Pages v11.2.

If the first two paragraphs do not solve the reinstallation of Pages v11.1, then you are done, because Apple does not provide a user download of past full Pages installers. All you can do now is use Pages for iCloud, Pages for iOS/iPadOS, or Pages on another Mac.

Reinstall Pages on MacOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.