Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently installed Catalina on my 2012 MacBook Air and now I can't use PAGES. Also cannot download the new PAGES because it only works for newer OS versions. I NEED PAGES. WHAT DO I DO?

I recently installed Catalina on my 2012 MacBook Air and now I can't use PAGES. Also cannot download the new PAGES because it only works for newer OS versions. I NEED PAGES. WHAT DO I DO?

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 7:41 AM

Pages, Numbers, and Keynote v11.2 now require macOS Big Sur (11.*) as an installation requirement. The versions of these applications that you may have had on the operating system prior to Catalina would be too old to be restored to Catalina from an earlier Time Machine backup too.

What you can try, without any promise of it working, it to launch the Mac App Store while signing in with the same Apple ID as you used previously to download these applications, and then press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchases panel. If Pages, Numbers, and Keynote appear with an Update button, click those. It will invariably tell you that you need Big Sur installed, but it also may offer via a second dialog to install the last versions of these applications (v11.1) for Catalina.

If the second paragraph does not get you Catalina compatible versions, then you will only be able to use the iCloud or iOS/iPadOS v14.8/15.1 versions of these applications. Because, Apple does not provide user downloadable, full installers for past versions of these applications.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2021 7:41 AM in response to lmf648

Pages, Numbers, and Keynote v11.2 now require macOS Big Sur (11.*) as an installation requirement. The versions of these applications that you may have had on the operating system prior to Catalina would be too old to be restored to Catalina from an earlier Time Machine backup too.

What you can try, without any promise of it working, it to launch the Mac App Store while signing in with the same Apple ID as you used previously to download these applications, and then press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchases panel. If Pages, Numbers, and Keynote appear with an Update button, click those. It will invariably tell you that you need Big Sur installed, but it also may offer via a second dialog to install the last versions of these applications (v11.1) for Catalina.

If the second paragraph does not get you Catalina compatible versions, then you will only be able to use the iCloud or iOS/iPadOS v14.8/15.1 versions of these applications. Because, Apple does not provide user downloadable, full installers for past versions of these applications.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.