Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because macOS version 11 or later is required.

I recently totally cleaned and restarted my computer and have Mac OS Catalina on it.

Where as I have always had numbers and pages on it, I cannot install these now. What the check is happening? I would have thought Catalina is the latest

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 2:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 6:09 AM

The last compatible version of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote for Catalina is v11.1. Apple now requires macOS Big Sur or Monterey to install v11.2 of these applications which are currently available in the Mac App Store.

On Catalina, launch the Mac App Store and be signed in with the same Apple ID as you used to install Pages previously. Press the cmd+0 (zero) keyboard sequence to open the Purchased panel. If Pages is there with an Update button, click that. A dialog will appear stating that you need a newer version of macOS. Acknowledge that dialog without clicking Cancel. A second dialog may appear offering to install the last compatible version of Pages for macOS Catalina. Accept that, and you should then have Pages v11.1 installed. Repeat for Numbers and/or Keynote.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 6:09 AM in response to billditmarsch

The last compatible version of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote for Catalina is v11.1. Apple now requires macOS Big Sur or Monterey to install v11.2 of these applications which are currently available in the Mac App Store.

On Catalina, launch the Mac App Store and be signed in with the same Apple ID as you used to install Pages previously. Press the cmd+0 (zero) keyboard sequence to open the Purchased panel. If Pages is there with an Update button, click that. A dialog will appear stating that you need a newer version of macOS. Acknowledge that dialog without clicking Cancel. A second dialog may appear offering to install the last compatible version of Pages for macOS Catalina. Accept that, and you should then have Pages v11.1 installed. Repeat for Numbers and/or Keynote.

Pages can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because macOS version 11 or later is required.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.