Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Controller - Macbook Pro (13-inch, 2017)

When looking in the system information under Controller, it states that my device doesn't have a Controller installed and states "This computer doesn’t contain any Controller devices".

Is that normal or even ok?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 7:29 AM

McChillen wrote:

When looking in the system information under Controller, it states that my device doesn't have a Controller installed and states "This computer doesn’t contain any Controller devices".

Does your model of < Macbook Pro (13-inch, 2017) > Have a TouchBar?

If this is the MacBookPro14,1 non-Touchbar w/ Two Thunderbolt 3 ports you would not expect to see a Controller Chip set. This is normal.

The T1 SoC was introduced in 2016 w/ Touchbar

Newer Macs have the more recent T2 chipset.

Mac models with the Apple T2 Security Chip - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 7:29 AM in response to McChillen

McChillen wrote:

Does your model of < Macbook Pro (13-inch, 2017) > Have a TouchBar?

If this is the MacBookPro14,1 non-Touchbar w/ Two Thunderbolt 3 ports you would not expect to see a Controller Chip set. This is normal.

The T1 SoC was introduced in 2016 w/ Touchbar

Newer Macs have the more recent T2 chipset.

Mac models with the Apple T2 Security Chip - Apple Support

System Controller - Macbook Pro (13-inch, 2017)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.