You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need space on my Macbook

Hi at my MacBook Pro (MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017,) the HD disk space is full

Now I work with Cloud Drive. I think that if I delete files on my Macbook, they will also be deleted on the cloud drive. The question is how do I get space on my MacBook again. I have selected all my files so that they should be saved via the CloudDrive. Could it be that I now have both everything on the Macbook and on the CloudDrive

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 11:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 2:56 PM

Have you looked at what is using the storage space on your Mac? Typically documents don't use a lot of storage. Photos and videos are more likely. The following may also help: How to free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 9, 2021 1:10 PM in response to Zeeuwsdiep

By default, iCloud Drive keeps a local copy on your Mac. If you don't want that, turn on "Optimize Mac Storage." See the instructions below from Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support and note that they apply to iCloud Drive whether or not the Desktop and Documents option is on:

If you need more space on your device, iCloud Drive can help. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences. Click Apple ID, then click iCloud. On macOS Mojave or earlier, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click iCloud. Turn on Optimize Mac Storage. Then your Mac keeps all of your recent files on your computer, but keeps your older ones only in iCloud, ready for you to download when you need them again.

I need space on my Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.