Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Continuously Disconnecting from Laptops

At first my AirPods connected to my laptop with no issue, and for a while were working excellently with it, but now whenever I press 'pair' they randomly connect and disconnect (disconnecting completely after) after a few seconds of connectivity. Even when my computer says they are connected for the few seconds in which connectivity is provided, my computer continues to play out of its normal speakers and does not give an option to switch audio devices. Every other Bluetooth audio device I have used such as a WONDERBOOM has never had any of these issues.

I have already attempted several solutions such as restarting and resetting both devices and troubleshooting my computer's Bluetooth. 

I never have this issue when connecting my AirPods to my phone, just my laptop, so I have a feeling it has to do with something on my computer getting in the way of it connecting.

I'd be grateful if anyone could give me any advice on what could be causing this problem. Thank you.

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 1:38 PM

Hello,

See if this helps:

If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted

Good luck.

2 replies

Airpods Continuously Disconnecting from Laptops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.