Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are others receiving this Apple TV+ credit email?

More specifically, are you actually receiving a credit to your account? I get another email monthly stating "we've applied $4.99 in store credit to your Apple ID" but the credit never appears. The emails look legitimate but support cannot see credits in my account either. Anyone else getting these emails?

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 9:37 AM

8 replies

Feb 15, 2021 10:23 AM in response to Nottooinnocent

Nottooinnocent wrote:
I got my new phone in November and about a week later I started the Apple one bundle which included Apple TV and I’ve been charged the full price for the Apple one bundle of $30 since December. When I signed up for Apple TV I already had the bundle but it wouldn’t allow me to use the bundle to get Apple TV it forced me to take the free trial and I don’t think it’s right that I’m not being credited when others are.

As far as I'm aware, there is no credit if you have the Apple One bundle.

If you are paying for both Apple One and also Apple TV+ that is what you should talk to Apple Support about, not the credit. Also see information in Bundle Apple subscriptions with Apple One - Apple Support

Feb 10, 2021 9:52 AM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks for the reply. Strangely enough, Apple support thought the email might be a phishing attempt, but I've received the exact same email over the last several months coinciding with my billing period. It certainly looks legitimate but I've never once received the credit. Hoping others might chime in as well.

Feb 10, 2021 10:13 AM in response to 748Nate

The $4.99 credit for those paying for Apple TV+ has been widely reported. One example from https://9to5mac.com/2021/01/15/apple-again-extends-apple-tv-free-trials-subscribers-now-get-free-access-until-july-2021/

Any paying subscribers to Apple TV+ monthly plan as of today, January 15, will receive $4.99 store credit for the February to June period, offsetting the cost of their subscription. The same is true for people who currently pay for the Apple One bundle subscription.

Feb 10, 2021 11:29 AM in response to 748Nate

For everyone curious about this credit, I just got full resolution from Apple support. My confusion was never seeing the $4.99 monthly promotional credit applied against my Apple ID account (although I receive email verification of the credit monthly) while my credit card continues to be charged $4.99 monthly for the Apple TV+ subscription.

My $4.99 credit was actually being applied to my Hulu subscription, which seems oddly unrelated. So, $5.99 for Hulu minus $4.99 credit equals the $1 charge I see on my credit card monthly.

My Apple support advisor remedied the situation and I now have accurate receipts showing the $4.99 monthly promotional credit in my Hulu billing.

If, like me, you have multiple subscriptions via Apple TV, the billing can be confusing. Rest assured the credit is actually being applied, it may just take some digging and a bit of math. It certainly did not help that previous Apple support Advisors claimed this was most likely a phishing attempt email.

Feb 15, 2021 9:05 AM in response to 748Nate

I’m having the same problem I tried chatting with an Apple advisor and I told them about all these articles that I found regarding the five dollar credit and they didn’t care unless the article was from Apple directly. Whoever I messaged with had no idea about this $4.99 credit. Don’t ever use the messaging feature to chat with support the first person I don’t know what happened to them they just didn’t respond and then the second person I talk to told me they never heard of it and since my articles aren’t from Apple directly the credits aren’t true and then they just stopped replying as well. I got my new phone in November and about a week later I started the Apple one bundle which included Apple TV and I’ve been charged the full price for the Apple one bundle of $30 since December. When I signed up for Apple TV I already had the bundle but it wouldn’t allow me to use the bundle to get Apple TV it forced me to take the free trial and I don’t think it’s right that I’m not being credited when others are.

Are others receiving this Apple TV+ credit email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.