Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HEIC downloaded as photo format for iCloud for Windows - I want JPG

Hello,

I'm on Windows 10 - new computer. After installing iCloud for Windows, under iCloud Photos my photos are showing up with a HEIC extension. On my old Windows 10 PC, they were JPG. How do I change this back? See photo below for reference.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 5:09 PM

Hello Brian,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities. We understand that your photos are now showing in the HEIF format. There is an option on your iPhone to change the capturing format so they're more compatible with other devices. Take a look at the following guide for those steps and more: Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices

You may be able to use the iCloud website to get a JPEG version. Take a look at the information under "Download photos and videos" here: Upload and download photos using iCloud.com

Thanks again, and take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2021 5:09 PM in response to bfaivre

Hello Brian,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities. We understand that your photos are now showing in the HEIF format. There is an option on your iPhone to change the capturing format so they're more compatible with other devices. Take a look at the following guide for those steps and more: Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices

You may be able to use the iCloud website to get a JPEG version. Take a look at the information under "Download photos and videos" here: Upload and download photos using iCloud.com

Thanks again, and take care.

HEIC downloaded as photo format for iCloud for Windows - I want JPG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.