Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to convert .HEIC picture files to .JPG

I just learned that the 300 or so pictures in my iPhone are duplicated in iCloud -- great! -- so I should be able to move the ones I want to my Windows PC for clean-up, etc. However, they are all .HEIC files. How can I convert them to .JPG files that my Windows software will recognize, and perhaps block-move many of them from the cloud to the PC for processing?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 8:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 12:52 PM

See if this help: Download iCloud photos and videos

Download iCloud photos and videos - Apple Support

⤵️

On your Mac or PC

1. On iCloud.com, click Photos and select a photo or video. Hold the command key on your Mac or control key on your PC to select multiple photos or videos. 
  2. Click and hold the download button  in the upper corner of the window. If you want to download your photo or video as it was originally captured or imported, choose Unmodified Original. For JPEG or H.264 format — including edits, and even if it was originally in HEIF or HEVC format — choose Most Compatible.*
  3. Click Download.

You can also convert HEIC to JPG online see -> Convert with Zamzar online.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2022 12:52 PM in response to BertR1717

See if this help: Download iCloud photos and videos

Download iCloud photos and videos - Apple Support

⤵️

On your Mac or PC

1. On iCloud.com, click Photos and select a photo or video. Hold the command key on your Mac or control key on your PC to select multiple photos or videos. 
  2. Click and hold the download button  in the upper corner of the window. If you want to download your photo or video as it was originally captured or imported, choose Unmodified Original. For JPEG or H.264 format — including edits, and even if it was originally in HEIF or HEVC format — choose Most Compatible.*
  3. Click Download.

You can also convert HEIC to JPG online see -> Convert with Zamzar online.

Jul 16, 2022 11:15 AM in response to BertR1717

Thank you for the update 👍

I tried downloading some conversion programs, but had trouble using them

You don't need that.

(macOS & Windows OS) ->  See this Apple article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

Complete Guide to Importing Your Photos in Windows 10

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/complete-guide-to-importing-your-photos-in-windows/d8258fff-729e-45df-8afd-1f1195d7b6c5

Jul 16, 2022 11:09 AM in response to Raicya

UPDATE: Thanks for the suggestions, but...

I tried downloading some conversion programs, but had trouble using them -- then discovered that I could just plug my iPhone into a USB port on the PC, and copy the pictures -- in their original .JPG format -- directly to a folder on the Windows computer, and then use my usual picture-processing programs.

How to convert .HEIC picture files to .JPG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.