Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit Secure Video

Hi, I recently installed 2 Eufy 2K Indoor Cameras. I have them set up to use HomeKit and it has been working well with motion dection and face recognition until Monday. Suddenly they no longer appear to be notifying me or saving any video at all in HomeKit Secure Video. The cameras show up and connect in Live View just fine while using the Home app, so they appear to be working normally other than the detection and recording features. The Eufy app is properly recording the video when motion is detected, so in my estimation this is an issue having to do with the connection to HomeKit Secure Video.

I have already tried restarting both cameras and I completely removed one from HomeKit and added it back. It still has the same issue.

I'm not sure what else I can do besides restart the cameras and remove/re-add them to Home?

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 1:08 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Feb 12, 2021 7:06 PM in response to ssstraub

Hello ssstraub,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We're glad you're here, and it will be our pleasure to share some tips to help you resolve the issue with your saved videos.

You've done some great troubleshooting so far. We see that you viewed this article about how to Use HomeKit Secure Video.

1. Is it possible that the Wi-Fi network has been unstable or experienced an outage recently? As noted in the link above, "Make sure that you add your camera to the same network that your Home app is on and that the network is stable. If your network disconnects while your camera is recording, your video might not be stored."
  2. Also, you may want to scroll down to the section entitled "Change your settings" to confirm they are still set to store the recordings.
  3. If the network has been stable, and the settings are correct, the next question is "What changed since they were last working?" Did you install any updates to your network, the Home Hub or the Eufy app?

We trust these tips will move you toward the solution. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Enjoy your weekend!

Feb 12, 2021 7:25 PM in response to Eric--F

My wifi has been fine.

I have been trying in vain to get these to record clips to HomeKit Secure Video and while both of them do work in live view in the Home app, and notify me via Home when motion is detected, they will still not record clips to HKSV. That feature was working fine as well until a few days ago.

Another thing I noticed in my testing: they are both the exact same camera model, but in Home one of them has the option to Select Activity Zones and the other does not. This doesn’t make sense as they are the same model camera. Why would Home show Activity Zone for one and not the other?

HomeKit Secure Video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.