Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

#images "could not load results" error on iMac Messages.

When I try to load an image (#images), not photos, when using Messages on my iMac, it says, "could not load results." It works fine on my iPhone and my iPad, just not on my iMac.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 6:11 AM

Hello Taregreen,

Thanks for those details. Have you tried using an alternate Wi-Fi connection or rebooting your router to see if that makes an impact? If not, give that a try.

Also, you can boot up into safe mode to see if the issue continues. Once testing is complete in safe mode, go ahead and reboot normally and test again to see how it's behaving.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Should you find the issue continues after using safe mode, try using another user account or set up a test account and see how it goes. If the issue doesn't continue under a different user, this could mean that you have items specific to your user account causing this to occur.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Remove login items to resolve startup problems on your Mac

Best regards.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2021 6:11 AM in response to Taregreen

Hello Taregreen,

Thanks for those details. Have you tried using an alternate Wi-Fi connection or rebooting your router to see if that makes an impact? If not, give that a try.

Also, you can boot up into safe mode to see if the issue continues. Once testing is complete in safe mode, go ahead and reboot normally and test again to see how it's behaving.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Should you find the issue continues after using safe mode, try using another user account or set up a test account and see how it goes. If the issue doesn't continue under a different user, this could mean that you have items specific to your user account causing this to occur.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Remove login items to resolve startup problems on your Mac

Best regards.

Feb 12, 2021 7:58 PM in response to Taregreen

Hello Taregreen,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're running into issues with #images in the Messages app on your Mac. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Have you restarted your Mac, reset your network router, etc.? Also, would you confirm the specific macOS version of Catalina you're running?

Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

Best regards.

#images "could not load results" error on iMac Messages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.