Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar sharing

My wife and each have an iPad on iOS 14..4 and we desperately need to share our calendars. In iCloud we both have calendar “on” and my calendar has my wife as a sharer as she has of me yet our entries do not sync.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 10:29 PM

Your description of your problem is incomplete and difficult to diagnose. Please go through the instructions Apple provide on the page called Share iCloud calendars on iPad.

Make sure also that you each have your own Apple ID and they are signed in on the devices.

3 replies

Feb 12, 2021 11:03 PM in response to David McKinlay

OK. We each have our own Apple ID and are signed in to our respective devices. I read the article you pointed to and it matches our setup. I managed to get the sync working and the problem was that we had many unnecessary calendars and only one was synced. The easy way out was to set our default calendars to that which was synced and put appointments in that calendar.

It's all good. Thank you for your help.

Feb 13, 2021 1:02 AM in response to AlanLH

Very pleased to help.

Although you can have multiple calendars essentially you don't need that many. My family shares many for different purposes and you can be inventive, not just be limited to the standard Work and Home but other names such as Meals, Pets, University, Travel, Health, Appointments and so on. Calendar has great flexibility and as you found it's easy to publish and share them.

Calendar sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.