Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing calendars

My wife has an iPad and iPhone that has the Apple Calendar in Sync with each other. I have and iPad and iPhone that is synched together with the Apple Calendar. How can we set up our iPads and iPads where we see and use one shared calendar? Tried all kinds of suggestions with no success. We are open to using another app.

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 2:04 PM

Hi Szar78, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

There are two options I can suggest as follows:

Share iCloud calendars on iPad

In the Calendar app, you can share an iCloud calendar with other iCloud users. When you share a calendar, others can see it, and you can let them add or change events. You can also share a read-only version that anyone can view but not change. The following link explains this in more detail:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/ipad/ipadc2a14a22/ipados

Add iCloud calendars on iPad

• Go to Settings > Mail
  • Add iCloud account (May require code from AppleID re two-factor authentication e.g. your wife's device(s))
  • When added, select iCloud account
  • Turn off iCloud Mail and Contacts

Hope one of the options helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2022 2:04 PM in response to Szar78

Hi Szar78, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

There are two options I can suggest as follows:

Share iCloud calendars on iPad

In the Calendar app, you can share an iCloud calendar with other iCloud users. When you share a calendar, others can see it, and you can let them add or change events. You can also share a read-only version that anyone can view but not change. The following link explains this in more detail:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/ipad/ipadc2a14a22/ipados

Add iCloud calendars on iPad

• Go to Settings > Mail
  • Add iCloud account (May require code from AppleID re two-factor authentication e.g. your wife's device(s))
  • When added, select iCloud account
  • Turn off iCloud Mail and Contacts

Hope one of the options helps.

Syncing calendars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.