Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sync iTunes to my new iphone11

When connecting my iPhone 11 to MacBook Air I don’t see iPhone icon in finder list so I can sync itunes

iPhone 11

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 4:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 4:16 AM

What version of macOS are you running?

For iOS 14 you need iTunes 12.8.2.3 or better running on OS X 10.11.6 or better. See How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support if required.

Assuming a suitable version of iTunes is in place then in Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2021 4:16 AM in response to Hampsteadgirl

What version of macOS are you running?

For iOS 14 you need iTunes 12.8.2.3 or better running on OS X 10.11.6 or better. See How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support if required.

Assuming a suitable version of iTunes is in place then in Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

Cannot sync iTunes to my new iphone11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.