Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac - frequently loses Magic Mouse2 connection

For several years, my Magic mouse would randomly lose bluetooth connection to my iMac. I've always keep my iMac updated with the latest OS (currently 10.15.7). I always monitor the battery level (disconnects happen whether there's 100% or 10% battery) and I've even removed my iphone from the bluetooth list in settings. None of that matters. Defective mouse? I doubt it. Loose battery? I doubt that as well sicne I can shake the mouse and still no loss of connection. sure seems like a software bug that been going on a bit and never fixed by apple.

any thoughts?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 7:23 PM

StephepX5 wrote:

For several years, my Magic mouse would randomly lose bluetooth connection to my iMac. I've always keep my iMac updated with the latest OS (currently 10.15.7).

any thoughts?

Sounds like a defective mouse to me, and it could be random failures. You said it's been happening for years, regardless of the version of macOS installed. And if your iPhone connects/connected ok that would indicate your Mac's bluetooth is ok. So it sounds like the mouse to me.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2021 7:23 PM in response to StephepX5

StephepX5 wrote:

For several years, my Magic mouse would randomly lose bluetooth connection to my iMac. I've always keep my iMac updated with the latest OS (currently 10.15.7).

any thoughts?

Sounds like a defective mouse to me, and it could be random failures. You said it's been happening for years, regardless of the version of macOS installed. And if your iPhone connects/connected ok that would indicate your Mac's bluetooth is ok. So it sounds like the mouse to me.

Feb 11, 2021 8:40 AM in response to StephepX5

Apply any pending Catalina updates (not Big Sur upgrade), and revisit your MM2 Bluetooth connectivity issues. It may not be related at all, but my MM2 had horrible connection problems until I applied the Big Sur 11.2.1 update to my M1 mini. Apple may have pushed that as a regression fix in a pending Catalina update, even if not mentioned in that update's bullets.

iMac - frequently loses Magic Mouse2 connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.