magic mouse 2 (rechargable) fails to connect to 2017 imac

My magic mouse would periodically fail to connect using bluetooth to my imac until I rebooted the mac. Lately it would not connect at all. I tried resetting my imac bluetooth service, removing the mouse from the bluetooth system settings and rediscovering and connecting, cleaning the lens on the bottom and fully charging the mouse. None of these fixed my problems. I verified the problem was not with my imac by connecting with an older magic mouse 1 (battery powered) I had laying around.

iMac 27″ 5K

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 3:59 AM

After reviewing a number of solutions posted on you tube and here in the apple community I decided to take the mouse apart to see if anything obvious could be wrong. I performed the following.

• I carefully opened the mouse using a nylon/plastic trim pry tool for automobiles
  • next I cleaned the lens with isopropyl alcohol
  • and finally I used a compressed air spray to blow out any dirt and dust from the battery and circuit card area of the mouse. I also carefully wiped the circuit area with alcohol and let it dry to remove any residue that may have accumulated.

So far this has fixed my problem

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2023 3:59 AM in response to coloradoImac

After reviewing a number of solutions posted on you tube and here in the apple community I decided to take the mouse apart to see if anything obvious could be wrong. I performed the following.

• I carefully opened the mouse using a nylon/plastic trim pry tool for automobiles
  • next I cleaned the lens with isopropyl alcohol
  • and finally I used a compressed air spray to blow out any dirt and dust from the battery and circuit card area of the mouse. I also carefully wiped the circuit area with alcohol and let it dry to remove any residue that may have accumulated.

So far this has fixed my problem

magic mouse 2 (rechargable) fails to connect to 2017 imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.